A virtual assistant is a self-employed administrative contractor who works remotely administrative tasks for various clients. A virtual assistant can be operates from a home or office, but is able to access the necessary documents through team collaboration apps, such as shared documents like google drive, dropbox etc. People employed as virtual assistants typically have several years of experience in the field of secretarial or office management.
Why do people hire virtual assistants?
- A virtual Assistant will reduce costs
- Less Office Space
- Less infrastructure
- Less Salary
What can a virtual assistant do?
- Email Filtering/Management
- Respond to emails and set up email lists(Aweber, Mailchimp)
- Setting appointments with clients
- Upload blogs or email newsletters
- Following up communication with clients
- Answering Phone Calls
- Calendar Management/Scheduling
- File Management in Team Collaborating Apps(Dropbox, Google Drive etc)
- Lead List building (eg. updating contact lists on your CRM)
- Web Research on certain topics for blog posts, newsletters or others
- Any time-consuming or repetitive tasks
- Hotel Booking and Travel Scheduling
- Help you hire other employees by doing preliminary research on candidates
- Taking down minutes of meetings
- Preparation of basic reports (reports on weekly tasks, deliverables, sales)
- Prepare presentations
- Collaboration between you and other team members
- Manage your social media accounts(Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube)
- Manage your Blog (Basic WordPress and Blogger Skills)
- Publish posts on your Blog
- Filter and reply to comments on your blog
- Answering support tickets (with the use of Zendesk)
- Blog commenting (to increase links to your site)
- Participating in discussion forums or message boards
How to hire a virtual assistant
A virtual assistant can’t do all the tasks equally well. You should search for someone who has experience in what you need. You should write down a list of which skills you need, and find someone who can do them all! You can find virtual assistant in many freelancing sites like upwork, Freelancer, Fiverr etc.